Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Countdown to Homelessness

Last Thursday the hubs went to his "get out of hell" briefing where he nearly had a heart attack. He opened his folder to find out that he's scheduled to be totally checked out and gone from Fort Stewart by January SEVENTH. His company has screwed up yet again - they did not give him his orders on time (he in fact still does not have the hard copies in hand...more on this later), did not get him into that briefing earlier as they should've, all kinds of other fun stuff as well. Whatever, we're leaving. He pushed back our leaving by another 10 days because good freaking luck getting *anything* done this week and probably next week. Probably 3/4 of the base is gone on leave and will be through the 1st of the year. Also hampering the ability to get anything done is the fact that he still does not have his hard copy orders. Which means we can't arrange for the movers to come until we have them...and the likely hood of getting them this week or next is slim, which means we're going to have to by some miracle get the orders and get the movers here within the same week.

With all that fun information, we put in our 30 day notice on our house. I am going to be wicked pissed if because of the constant cock-ups lead to us not having movers here by the 13th. We have to be out of our house by the 16th and I need time to clean as well as having the carpets cleaned. Gee this is going to be fun!

Plus there's the little thing called Christmas in between which is kind of a big deal to a certain set of little boys that are near and dear to my heart.

Someday I'll write about something other than moving and the Army. Swear.

I could give you little random factoids about myself like that I have monkey toes...I get far too much pleasure out of being able to pinch the hubs with my toes. Yes I'm evil and probably weird.

Or I could tell stories about my wild(ish) and crazy(ish) youth. Like how I once got my jeep stuck on a ginormous cooler. Or that one of the funniest things I've ever seen involves watching someone run down a beach with a 10 foot Christmas tree...that was on fire.

But for now I've got to bitch somewhere and right now, this is it. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment